Teen hacked Uber, Revolut and Grand Theft Auto maker, London jury finds
A London jury has found that a teenager hacked into the computer systems of Uber, Revolut and the maker of Grand Theft Auto.
Who was the hacker?
– The hacker was identified as Arion Kurtaj, an 18-year-old from London.– Kurtaj was arrested in September 2022 and charged with a number of hacking offenses.– He pleaded guilty to 12 offenses, including blackmail, fraud and computer misuse.
What did the hacker do?
– Kurtaj hacked into the computer systems of Uber, Revolut and Rockstar Games.– He stole customer data, including names, addresses and credit card numbers.– He also threatened to release the data if the companies did not pay him a ransom.
What was the impact of the hack?
– The hack caused significant disruption to Uber and Revolut.– Uber had to suspend its services in several cities.– Revolut had to restrict its customers' access to their accounts.– Rockstar Games had to delay the release of a new game.
What is the sentence?
– Kurtaj was sentenced to 2 years and 8 months in prison.– He was also ordered to pay £50,000 in compensation to the victim
– The case of Arion Kurtaj is a reminder of the dangers of hacking.– Companies need to take steps to protect their computer systems from hackers.– Individuals should also be careful about the personal information they share online.